Book an Appointment
GP appointments: Booked “on the day”.
Call the practice to get through the telephone triage system or book online.
GP Appointments are released on a day to day basis by 08:00. For other clinicians you can still book in advance: Nurse, HCA, Pharmacist, Physician Associates.
Book by Telephone:
To make a routine appointment please telephone 01865 730911 or 01865 248719 between 08:00 and 13:00.
Between 13:00-14:00 reception is closed and your call will be answered by an external provider.
Not yet registered for online services?
You will need to request online access at the practice by filling out the form below.
The practice now offers a video GP service - LIVI - to all our patients.
See a GP by video with LIVI.
Get medical advice, prescriptions and referrals on the same day - even on the weekday evenings and weekends.
Get Livi app: download the Livi app to your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play. Visit www.livi.co.uk for more information.
Livi GPs are all GMC-registered NHS GPs, who (with your consent) will be able to access your medical records and give you a considered, in-depth diagnosis based on your medical history.
When should you use LIVI?
- Can't contact or make it into the surgery, for example: due to time, work,or accessibility issues
- Are anxious and want to speak to a GP quickly
- Busy parents who have children aged 2-16 years old
- Are unable to get an appointment soon enough at the surgery
- Prefer to see a GP by video rather than face-to-face
- For all non-medical questions, speak to LIVI Support on 0330 808 2074 or
About our appointments
- We offer 10 minute appointments with the doctor, each doctor has his own consulting times and you will be advised by reception. A limited number of appointments with each doctor are available to book up to six weeks ahead and can be booked any day from 8am.
- We have an on-call duty doctor every day, Monday to Friday who will operate a telephone triage system for patients requesting an emergency appointment. Reception will put your name on a triage list and the doctor will call you back to assess your case and give you an appointment where appropriate. All urgent requests will be dealt with on the day.
- Telephone Advice: If you wish to speak to one of the doctors or nurses on the telephone, contact reception and you will be advised of their availability. The receptionist will take your details for the doctor to return your call.
- Please ask if you would like someone to accompany you during an examination.
- Please be aware that we have a calling-in screen at Botley Medical Centre and Kennington Health Centre, located in the waiting room that will display your name and the doctor you are seeing at your appointment time.